Monday, December 12, 2011

December Daily

I spent some time working on my December Daily album over the weekend. It works best for me to work on about a week at a time. I can't manage to work on it everyday, but if I wait too long, it feels overwhelming, and I forget the little details of our days.
I'm trying to keep it simple and repeat a few design elements (like the tags with stamped titles) to make the album more cohesive. I'm using a 4x6" mixed paper book by Elise Blaha, along with some ephemera - such as calendar pages, our Christmas card, etc. I'm also adding in 3x5" photos cropped to approx. 3 1/4" x 6" and taped back to back. I'm loving that mini alphabet stamp set (from the Michael's $1 section) and mini alphabet letters from my stash (mostly Making Memories) and the number circles I bought last year (from Living Room Floor). I'm printing 2.5" square Instagram photos at home, taking a few photos with my Instax mini, and adding in prints from my SLR as I mentioned above.
It seems like this project would feel like "one more thing" to do in a busy December, but actually I find that it keeps me focused on the festive activities and traditions that I want to focus on during the holidays. Also, I love looking back to the albums I made in 2008 and 2010 (wish I had made one in '09! darn!)
I'm finding lots of inspiration in these talented scrappers participating in December Daily -
Ali Edwards
Elise Blaha
Robyn Meierotto
Molly Irwin

You can see the rest of my pages so far in my December Daily set on Flickr.

Hope you're all having a great December so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment