Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

My daily journal and a new book, housed in a great woven newspaper basket (thanks, Wendy!)

January 1st always feels like a fresh start, and I've been thinking about my resolutions and goals for 2012.

I have some monthly, weekly, and daily goals, and I am truly excited to stay committed to all of them.


Monthly:

* read (at least) one book per month. It doesn't sound like much, but my "books read" list in 2011 was, sadly, quite small. I should be fine for January, since I already read half of The Forest of Hands and Teeth today! If you're a fan of the Hunger Games series, I think you'll enjoy this one!

* complete (at least) one project that I have pinned on Pinterest. So much inspiration there, but it's easy to pin it and forget it!

Weekly:

* make a meal plan and keep track of which recipes our family enjoys. I'm hoping this will keep me organized, save time on daily meal decision-making and preparations, and help us to eat healthier.

* complete a weekly digital Project Life spread.

A little more about this: I started a paper Project Life in 2010, but fell behind and gave up about halfway through the year (maybe that newborn did it?). I *love* the concept and I actually love the paper version, but the main thing holding me back is how massive the albums become. If I end up continuing with Project Life every year, I can't imagine storing a dozen or more of those albums. I will probably print my book through Blurb at the of the year. I'm also hoping that keeping it digital will be faster and easier AND will help me get more comfortable with using Photoshop Elements. I still love to paper scrap, and I still intend to create 12x12" and 8 1/2x11" layouts for more specific topics and events throughout the year. Project Life is just a great way to document all the little moments that we would otherwise forget.

Daily:

* make an entry in my daily journal (pictured above). Each page has the calendar date and a space for five year's worth of entries. How cool would it be to look back at the end and see what happened on the same day across five years?!

* drink more water and exercise every day. Whether it is taking Sadie for a walk, using our neglected elliptical machine, or having a date with Jilllian Michaels, I know I need to make it a priority!

I've joined Cathy Zielske's Move More, Eat Well class for additional motivation and inspiration. Hopefully that community will help me stay on track with becoming more healthy.

If I can find time for Pinterest, reality tv, and scrapbooking, I know I can find time for exercise and novel reading, too. Priorities!

I also have some crafty projects on my list to accomplish this year (hopefully in the first half of the year!):

- sew pillows on our couch

- sew curtains for our bedroom

- Finish my quilt

- Crochet an afghan

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2012 and best wishes if you're embarking on your own resolutions and life changes!

1 comment: