Monday, January 09, 2012

Project Life - week 1

I finished my first 3 pages for my 2012 digital Project Life book today! Even though there are so many inspirational paper versions on the web right now, I think digital is going to be the right choice for me. I don't have to worry about printing photos or keeping my supplies organized (other than in a folder on my MacBook). Once I get better at manuvering in Photoshop Elements, the pages will come together even quicker than they did this week.
I am not planning to include a photo-a-day on my pages. Instead, I'm considering them a week-at-a-glance. I'm hoping to make my pages on Sundays, then post them here on the blog Mondays. At the end of the year, I'll have the layouts printed in a photo book - most likely through Blurb. Let me know if you're also doing Project Life! I think it is a great idea and a fun and easy way to capture all those little moments we would otherwise forget.

Supplies:
Cobalt Edition Full Collection
Project Life - The Templates
Borderline Journal Brushes

3 comments:

  1. I would've picked the cobalt too. I love this, Kirsten! Awesome! Can't wait to watch this adventure unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages for your first week! I really like how you've matted the instagram photos. I don't have the app (or the phone, lol!) but that's a really fun way to use a small square photo and label it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring! What an amazing collection of memories you will have. I may follow your lead on this.... :)

    ReplyDelete